Solo Travel: 18 Reasons to Do It Already!
Solo travel is quite liberating. Don’t get me wrong, I love going on trips with my family and friends, but there’s a certain feeling I get when I’m on my own that eludes me when I’m with others. It’s a knowing, I got this, I rock feeling that vibrates through every fiber of my being. You’ll feel it too as soon as you go on your first solo travel trip. However, I have to warn you: once you get a taste of solo traveling, you’ll want to do it more and more. Not a bad thing in my opinion!
Hello, beautiful ones! I pray that you’re doing exceedingly well!
SHOP MY LOOK
ASOS – Jumpsuit (Similar) or This One – Simply Be | DSW – Mix No. 6 Sandals | TopShop – Bucket Bag | Saks Fifth Avenue – Silver Choker (Similar) | Lord & Taylor – Silver Hammered Stud Earrings (Similar) | Zappos – Alex & Ani Wrap Bracelet (Similar) or This One – Bloomingdale’s
If you still have doubts about traveling solo, here are 18 reasons, aka benefits, that will make the case to buy that plane ticket sooner rather than later!
• You’ll be more creative the more you actively engage with the locals & immerse yourself in the fabric of the place you visit, domestically or internationally.
• You’ll expand your five (5) senses. No matter where you go, you’ll experience invigorating sounds, sights, smells, tastes, and things you’ll touch that will ignite a desire for more and penetrate your soul.
• You’ll appreciate & be grateful for the present and every little thing around you, good & bad.
• It will force you to adapt & increase your problem-solving capabilities when you encounter different situations.
• It will improve your mental health. Time away void of the chitter chatter of friends & family make for an excellent time to lick your wounds, reevaluate your life, and sort out your feelings & thoughts.
• You’ll feel more comfortable in your skin & more confident in your ability to do this thing called life alone if need be.
• You’ll become stronger and find your voice to stand up for yourself when necessary.
• You’ll meet new people and expand your networking net.
• You’ll overcome your fears and challenge your insecurities.
• It will be a time for reflection and self-knowledge. Trust me on this: my 1st solo travel trip changed & saved my life!
• You’ll be on your terms. You do what you want when you want how you want. Or do nothing at all. It’s all about you for a change!
• You’ll discover the meaning of what it means to be fearless, authentic & unapologetic. Once you get a taste, you’ll never be the same!
• You’ll feel inspired by the people, the traditions, the smells, the sounds, the sights, the adventures, and more.
• It will be unforgettable, and become a ‘must do’ as often as possible.
• You’ll discover that home can be anywhere.
• You’ll become more financially savvy & enhance your negotiation skills as you budget & save for the trip & haggle with vendors for products & services.
• Your experience will make you more appealing to employers with your expanded network, flexibility, open mindedness, and assertiveness.
• You’ll never miss another opportunity to experience the world waiting on others to get their act together.
The more you challenge yourself, you will find that the world will get bigger and open up to you. Trust that you can navigate an unknown city on your own, learn a new language, and much more. Just give yourself the green light to grow and learn about yourself.
Sister-friend, it’s your time to be #fearlessauthenticunapologetic and to have an adventure of a lifetime. Go on girl, start planning the solo travel trip of your dreams!
So, where are you going on our solo travel trip? Tell me in the comments below :)
Can’t wait to read them!!!
Don’t forget to follow me on my other social media platforms…links are located on the top left of the blog. Or, follow me NOW on Instagram & Facebook !! Oh, please join my new Facebook Group, The Spice Rack: Chic.Classy.Spicy. Women
As always, be #fearlessauthenticunapologetic and keep it Chic.Classy.Spicy.