GrateFULL4 – Week Ending 07/29/2017
I am so GrateFULL4 the opportunity to write these weekly posts about gratitude. I hope and pray that my posts are a blessing to everyone that reads them. More importantly, I pray that your hearts are touched and you will consider participating in this practice as well.
Each week, I’m always amazed at how much I truly have to be GrateFULL4 every day. Many times I am brought to tears because I know I’m so not worthy, yet my Heavenly Father continues to bless me in spite of my sinful self.
Hello, beautiful ones! I pray that you’re doing exceedingly well!
God’s grace & mercy has blessed me so greatly. I can’t help but have an attitude of gratitude for all that He’s done, all that He’s doing, and what He’s going to do! Trust me when I tell you that HE IS FAITHFUL and that He will give you the desires of your heart if you avail yourself of Him.
So, what is gratefulness? For me, it means to give thanks for every good, and sometimes bad, thing or experience that I have received. So often we are blessed out of the blue due to someone’s kind regard for us. Other times we’ve put some work in on the back side and never expected a blessing, but because of God’s love for us, He blesses us anyway.
We can go days, weeks & months at times taking things for granted, and will only say ‘thank you’ when we realize God saved us from something bad. I don’t want that to be me. Hence, GrateFULL4 is my way of staying ever present of the good and the bad that occurs in my life. I pray that you’ll join me weekly to not only read GrateFULL4 but also to chronicle your gratefulness in some way.
With that said, I know things can get crazy so if you missed last week’s GrateFULL 4 don’t fret; here it is for your reading pleasure :)
This week I’m GrateFULL4:
- Justin’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups! Today I stopped at the Starbucks to grab one of their new Teavana teas, the Shaken Pineapple Black Tea Infusion Lemonade. While there, I decided to try this candy to stave off my hunger until I could meet up with my boyfriend & his sons for dinner. Why didn’t y’all tell me about this candy? Oh my goodness!!! It is yummylicious. Not only is it delectable, but it is also organic, and the dark chocolate is beneficial for my health (and taste buds)! Yes, every ingredient is free of nasty stuff like pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, and nothing is genetically modified; just good wholesome stuff God put on this earth for us to enjoy! Second, plus they’re only 210 calories! And third, they are made with organic, fair trade dark chocolate to make sure small farmers & under-represented communities receive a fair price for their product so that they are sustainable. Yep, this is a win-win-win that I’m GrateFULL4!
- Choices! Every day I am blessed beyond measure to do each of these things:
– – Slide the key in the lock of my apartment for shelter.
– – Open my refrigerator to grab food to eat.
– – Start my car & buy gas to go where I want or need to go.
– – Select from a variety of clothes, shoes & accessories to wear.
– – Open my computer to work from home.
– – Drink and bathe with clean water.
– -Turn on the lights.
– – … and more!
Not everyone can say this. For some, their right to choose has been forcefully taken from them. For others, they gave up their right to choose due to committing a crime knowingly. And for some, they live in a developing country where resources are scant, and at times, non-existent. Yes, I’m blessed and I am forever GrateFULL4 these choices.
- Courage! Blogging is a lot of fun and a lot of work. Some blog as a hobby and other’s blog as a business. I’m of the latter. I blog because I love helping others, but it is also a business. Hence, I have to actively market, create new content, collaborate with brands and other bloggers, and much more. This past week I finally took the plunge to start pitching brands so that I can begin creating even more engaging, exciting editorial content for you all. Yes, it requires an investment of more time than I anticipated, but it is so worth it because I’m learning and I’m also able to give back to other bloggers who are just getting started with pitching, may need a contact, or just good ole support. I’m so GrateFULL4 the brands and their representatives who realize that the work one does to promote their brand on their blog has a monetary value!
- Bank verification & store return policies! For some reason, this past week I was in a spending mood. I spent more money than I normally do on any given day and my bank helped a sister out by shutting my card down to make sure no one was using it without my permission. The funny thing is I went to Macy’s to pick up two (2) items from Origins and somehow ended up at the other end of the mall at White House Black Market, Zara, and Nordstrom. So, it wasn’t hard to convince myself that I should have a few new pieces despite not needing any thing. By the time I walked out of the mall I had spent enough money to go on a nice getaway. GULP! I hate to say it, but malls are dangerous for my bank account. Although I liked most of the items I selected, I wasn’t committed to several of them; I knew this even as I was paying for them, but, I didn’t put them back. I thought that if I tried them on and they complimented me that I’d keep them. Well, it turns out I fit only three (3) of the eleven (11) pieces I purchased and not one of the TopShop items worked for me. Thank God each of these stores have generous, fair return policies. I successfully returned the eight (8) items, and now my bank account is happy again. Guess it’s time to book that getaway !!
What are you GrateFULL4? Tell me in the comment section below. I can’t wait to rejoice with you!